News RSS 2.0

MucoPro 80P: Arguments for usage

  • Avoid weak and sick animals

    Facilitate the adaptation to solid feeds

    Explain amino acid profile

    The amino acid profile of the « protein soup » obtained after hydrolysis, is the same as that of the mucosal tissue from which the product is obtained.

    This means the mucosal protein source offers all amino acids in proper proportions as required by the growing animal.

    High biological value for the animal, with no specific weaknesses in the balanced amino acid profile.

    High protein content! (80%)

    • Ash content of 15%, mainly SodiumSulphate (Na2SO4); This is an artefact of the conservation step of the pharmaceutical process. More than 50% of the initital salt content has been removed by the unique Sonac process
    • Low moisture content

    Very low average molecular mass

    During the hydrolyzation step the long protein chains of amino acids are cut up by enzymes (proteases & peptidases). Because of this, Mucopro is a protein source with very low molecular mass! The protein fraction (80%) of Mucopro 80 looks like this:

    • 40% are single amino acids
    • 40% are di- and tri-peptides
    • 20% are oligo- or polypeptides

    This means 80% of the total protein content is smaller or as big as a tripeptide (3 amino acids)! This is very important for the direct digestibility by the gut (see next slides). Looking at the gut barrier, direct absorbing mechanisms have been identified for:

    Single amino acids



    All larger peptide / protein molecules need to be hydrolyzed in the intestinal lumen before absorption is possible. This means 80% of Mucopro protein content is absorbed directly by the gut barrier. The other 20% is small in molecular size (oligopeptides), so hydrolyzation is not that difficult before absorption is possible. (Especially since solubility of Mucopro is excellent => easy hydrolyzation by enzymatic activity).

    Summary nutritional values

    • Improves feed intake by the young animal
    • Protein hydrolysate with a high biological value
    • Stimulates gut barrier function
    • Very palatable source of animal protein
    • Source of highly digestible amino acids and small peptides
    • Reinforces the gut barrier function and defence system
    • Good amino acid profile (not lacking a particular amino acid)
    • 100 % water soluble – ideal for milk and yoghurt applications
    • Hypo allergenic
    • Allowed in mixed factories (ruminant and non-ruminant in one location)
    • Admitted for the Assured British Pigs program, Trust Feed and QS feed safety programs